If you are after honey that offers the following, Bees R Us at Braidwood is the place for you:
Our honey is
- pure, there are no additives, chemicals, or sugar added
- as the bees created it
- produced by a registered and qualified apiarist, and
- collected by healthy bees.
Occasionally, when our bees produce less honey, we may use honey from other certified apiarists from our region whose products meet our stringent quality requirements.
Pure honey: varieties change throughout the year depending on what the bees were foraging on
- creamed honey - plain, chocolate or cinnamon,
- vanilla honey, and
- combed honey.
- honey should not be given to children under one year of age
- honey will spontaneously crystallize or "granulate" or become "candied", this depends on the types of flowers the bees gathered the nectar from and the temperature in which the honey is kept; such honey will become liquid by gentle warming.